Tuesday, October 15, 2013

DIY: Overall Shorts (A Comeback Post)

HEY GUYS, I'M BACK!  Sorry I've been gone for "a while" (*coughs*) Well I've been gone for 11 months; so yeah, I'm really sorry. :(

   So since I've been gone for a looooong time, I'll make it up to you guys with a special DIY comeback post!

   First, let's start off with this: I AM OBSESSED WITH OVERALLS. I know, they're kind of weird for a teenager like I am, but to tell you the truth I really haven't lost that touch of childishness in me yet.  Lately, I've also seen them worn by celebrities, and that they're making a comeback for the trend this year.  I'm glad to have known that I'm not the only one who has a taste for them :D

   So back to the topic, I've been searching for the perfect dungarees to cut off as overalls shorts (since I'm a cheapskate I wouldn't dare buy the expensive ones) so I went to local thrift stores in search of it.  It took me forever to find one that I almost thought of giving up UNTIL I saw these babies:


The perfect dungarees!  I jumped in joy after finally finding these.  I found these at a local thrift store near our town in the men's section.  The tag says it's size 29, but when I tried it on, it fitted me well (FYI my waistline is 25-26)  So I didn't waste time to buy this pair.  And the best part?  It only costed me Php 100! :D


What you'll need:
*Overall pants/ dungarees
*Marking Pen
*Scissors


STEPS: Okay, so let's skip the details. You only need to follow 3 steps: MARK, CUT, FOLD, and you're done! :)



VOILA!  Now you have a pair of sick-looking overalls shorts!
I was thinking of making a post on how to wear them,what do you think?  I would really like to know what you think, so please leave a comment or two, aiyt? :)

Bye!


(P.S. I'm going to post more DIY's every two weeks as much as possible, so please bear with me)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/19/2014

    I looooveee these! I couldn't find any overalls at the thrift shop tough D: I'm trying to figure out a way to make em out of an old pair of jeans. Hmmmmmm may work....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6/06/2021

    100% a thing. Noticing that you, more often than not, are pre, no- maybe, you reside above, in this 'hood that holds peeps, in which, are much more fashionably advanced, or further along, than most (the rest) of the sheep. Good work, yo. What's the haps these days? 8 years later??!!

    ReplyDelete